Food Trip: Top of Cebu Restaurant

The first time I went to Cebu, which was in 2016, we explored the northern part of it. Me and my sister stayed in Bantayan Island. What a beautiful place it is! I promised myself then that I'll be back to explore the City itself and southern part of Cebu.

Last week, I was able to fulfill my one of my promises, to stay in the city. This time, I was with my whole family. It was really hard to plan a trip when you are with your parents and niece, there are a lot of things to consider! Unlike when I am travelling with my sister or friends, the itinerary can be spontaneous at times. But if you have a family like mine who are picky eaters and who easily get tired, you'll definitely plan everything properly!

We spent our 3 days in the city and most of our time was spent in the hotel 😂

For our lunch on our second day, we ate at Top of Cebu Restaurant. The drive going to this restaurant felt like we were going to Baguio. It was literally at the top of Cebu so we had to drive to the mountains and all. The view upon arriving was breath taking.




When we arrived, we were the first on the waiting list and was accommodated in less than 10 minutes. We were so famished that time and wanted some soup but unfortunately, they serve Sizzling Bulalo and Sinigang. We just had Binagoongan Bagnet, Seafood Kare kare, Cream of Chicken, Spring Rolls and Mango Kani Salad.


Binagoongan Bagnet

Seafood Kare Kare

Cream of Chicken

Spring Rolls
Mango Kani Salad
 We were disappointed with how the Binagoongan Bagnet was served. We expected it to have Bagoong over big chunks of Bagnet but in contrary, it was beans cooked in Bagoong and topped with few pieces of tiny bagnet. 😞 We ordered two servings of this dish and was not able to consume it all considering that we are 7 adults including the driver. For the taste, I was looking for more flavor of bagoong but again, disappointed, for it just had a hint of bagoong in it.

For the Kare kare, it was flavorful, does not need bagoong! But has little seafood in it, like 3 pcs of shrimp and few squid rings. I expected it to have more seafood in it.

The cream of chicken was okay, nothing special. The Spring rolls were kind of raw inside. It was served fresh from the fryer, was stuffed generously and maybe that was the reason why it was not cooked well.

The Mango Kani Salad was the only dish I enjoyed. It was topped with lot of mangoes and crab sticks.

Summary of my thoughts:

PROS:
1. The restaurant has a nice view
2. Food was served hot
3. Many dishes to choose from
4. Attentive crew

CONS:
1. Kinda pricey
2. Dishes were not satisfying when it comes to taste
3. You have to drive to the top of the mountain to reach the restaurant
4. I find nothing special except for the view


OVERALL RATING

I rated it three stars to give justice to the perfect view while dining and the plating of the dishes. Honestly, I did not enjoy the food. If I'll be back in Cebu, I will not go back to these restaurant again. 😔

To cap off our lunch experience, we took a photo outside the restaurant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Trip: Thuk Thuk Restaurant and Pastries

Food Trip: Mayummy + Mang Chaa