Food Trip: Yakiniku Kinkazan

My weekends are dedicated to new food, spa and travel adventures. I've been taking and collecting pictures of food and placces not for Instagram's sake anymore but for blogging (aspiring blogger here! haha). But unfortunately, I deleted everything- phone gallery, iCloud, Google drive, name it. I have to start all over again. So this will be my first post for food blog.

My food trip buddy has been very supportive when it comes to this hobby of mine. "Magastos" at "nakakasira ng diet" he said but he pushes me to do whatever makes me happy. He suggests places to visit and he is my official photographer. Actually, he is my partner in almost everything. Thank you for the love and support. hehe

Last Sunday, we have no specific restaurant in mind so we just drove around Friendship (Angeles City) to spot a new place we haven't visited yet. Luckily, we found a restaurant named Yakiniku Kinkazan.


Photo from their Facebook page

Yakiniku Kinkazan is a Japanese grill restaurant. We decided to give it a try since we already tried different Korean restaurants and they're just typically the same (I'm talking about the grill thingy) hehe . Also, this is something new for my taste buds because it's Japanese food. He'd been to Japan twice and he's in love with the country. That's why anything related to Japan like food, train, road, building, etc.are things he can't refuse hahaha

The interior design makes you think "Lakas naman maka-Japanese!" because they have these traditional low tables and you have to sit on pillows. We opted for a modern table and the spot near the glass wall so we can still see the view outside.

 Traditional Japanese low table with pillow seat

This was our choice.. modern table near the glass wall


Photos from their Facebook page

The restaurant opens at 5pm. When we arrived around 5:15pm, we were the first customers to get in. Their menu has a lot of options to choose from: pork, beef, chicken and sea foods.

Menu (Grabbed from their Facebook page)

We ordered 2 Set meals (with 3 different meat, side dish, 1 cup of rice and drink) and additional 5pcs shrimp since the Unlimited grill has a specific set of meat, you can't choose your own preference, some meat are not included in the choices (like Shrimp) and most of the meat included in the Unlimited grill are unfamiliar to us.

Unlimited grill (Php 370) *Photo from their Facebook page

Side dishes (From T-B: Cucumber, Kimchi, Macaroni, Soup, Potatoes, Shredded veggies)

Combination of Beef Belly, Pork Jawl, Pork Belly and Chicken


SHRIMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPP :)

Blue Lemonade and Strawberry
Before serving the food, they provided warm towels for our hands, which is a plus point. They served the side dishes first, which were all good though the kimchi was not as flavorful as the ones sold in Korean marts. The meat was already marinated which made grilling easier since you don't have to season the meat, they already did for you haha. The shrimp was soooo soft when cooked. The griller was clean, no traces of burnt meat. The exhaust did its job, it was almost a smokeless grill experience. Another good thing about the restaurant is their buzzer per table. You do not have to call for someone to attend to your needs, you just need to press the buzzer.


Grilling time!!!!!

As for the price, you get what you pay for. Php 280 for a set meal is not bad at all. Overall, I had a good experience visiting a Japanese restau for the first time. It didn't disappoint. :) I have so many good things to say about Yakiniku Kinkazan. I'll just summarize my points.

PROS:
1. Clean place
2. Attentive waiters/waitresses
3. Button buzzer for attention
4. Many options to choose from their menu (Beef, Pork, Chicken, Seafood)
5. Warm towel before serving the meal
6. No traces of burnt meat on the griller
7. Effective exhaust
8. Price is just fine
9. Marinated meat!
10. Soft meat when grilled
11. Rice is sticky enough for chopsticks

CONS
1. Set meals come with rice, not a big deal but I prefer other sides (like veggies)

OVERALL RATING

Though I can rate the restaurant 5 stars, I think I will not go back in a month or two. Only if I craved for grilled meat again that is served with rice in a peaceful place, then I'll definitely come back. Anyways, I was satisfied and will recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Trip: Thuk Thuk Restaurant and Pastries

Food Trip: Mayummy + Mang Chaa