Food Trip: Mayummy + Mang Chaa

Having a partner who supports you in whatever crazy things you do is one of life's greatest blessings. Luckily, I have found mine, who, for the sake of blogging (aspirant here!), recommends must-try fast food, stalls and restaurant. He even is my photographer!

In our everyday conversations, he frequently mentioned that he buys food from this certain stall in Tarlac named Mayummy. This stall offers stir fried rice, tokwa't baboy (my fave :) ) and many other options in an affordable price. As I've seen from the pics he sent me, the food is really mouth watering. 

Last month, I've got the chance to try his favorite stir fried rice from Mayummy. We bought it from their stall in one of the food parks in Tarlac (I forgot the name). We ordered Tokwa't Baboy, Stir fried rice and Spicy chicken for only Php 300+. I like it how they cook the food in front of you.

Left to right: Tokwa't Baboy, Stir Fried Rice and Spicy Chicken

The food was served sizzling hot but it took a while because they cook it from scratch which is a good thing. I love how the Tokwa was not over cooked and how tender the meat (baboy) was. For the stir fried rice, it is really delicious! No wonder why it's his favorite. For the chicken, of course it was spicy but flavorful tho it has a hint of same taste as the Tokwa't Baboy. Nonetheless, we had a happy tummy without spending a lot.

Summary of my thoughts:

PROS:
1. Food was served sizzling hot
2. Food was prepared from scratch
3. Generous serving
4. Flavorful dishes
5. A lot of meals to choose from

CONS:
1. Serving time of food is a little bit long
2. Their stall in the food park doesn't open early (opens around 5:30pm but accepts order at 6pm)


OVERALL RATING

There's nothing I do not like except that we had to wait around 6pm just for the stall in the food park to finally accept orders. Anyways, it was worth the wait. :)

To end the day, we had milk tea from one of my to-go milk tea houses, Mang Chaa.



I had Taro Milk Tea with Rock Salt and Cheese and Pudding (right) and he had some chocolatey milk tea - I forgot the flavor (left).

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Trip: Thuk Thuk Restaurant and Pastries