Food Trip: Koko Buri

This post is so overdue. I've been very busy for the past few months, I never had time to add another post here. Travels, family gatherings, office matters and all.. time surely flies!! The first four months of the year are almost done! We barely notice it.  But I do hope time slows down a bit. The 24 hours in a day seem to pass by so quickly.

Anyways, we visited Koko Buri last year November and haven't come back yet. It just so happen that we were around the area so we decided to give it a try.



When we arrived (past lunch time) there are only few customers in the restaurant so we had the chance to choose a seat far from the main door. I think it is crowded in the evening since they serve beers and the like.


We ordered two set meals with different flavors of chicken and grilled pork (I forgot to take a picture of their menu). As usual, we ordered too much food. Their set meal actually is good for 2 pax. We ended up bringing home our left overs and had it for dinner.



The set meal includes an iced tea, chicken, rice and veggies. The chicken tastes like Bonchon chicken but better. I liked how the chicken meat was well cooked and flavorful (esp. the chicken skin hehe). I barely ate the veggies, it's just not my type :(


For the meat, it was one of the best grilled pork I ever had. I love its flavor and how tender the meat was. I am sure that my siblings will love this since they are fans of pork dishes. I am avoiding pork since 2016 but this is an exemption! Worth the cheat haha

For the price, I forgot how much we spent for our "dining experience". I only remember that it is pricey for two pax because we ordered a lot. I think it is worth it if you came as a group since they serve generous portions. For us, it was again charged to experience.

Summary of my thoughts:

PROS:
1. Generous servings
2. Quality of the dishes served (taste and plating)
3. The place is not crowded (we came after lunch time)
4. They have set meals

CONS:
1. Can be pricey if you'll visit as couple and want to try different dishes

OVERALL RATING

I rated it 5 stars since I really loved the food (without minding how much we paid haha) well except for the veggies. :P

If you are visiting the restaurant any time soon, just don't forget to ask if the dishes or set meals are good for sharing so you'll spend less and you can try other choices on their menu.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Trip: Thuk Thuk Restaurant and Pastries

Food Trip: Mayummy + Mang Chaa